Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Fabulous Alfredo Sauce with Whole Wheat Pasta!

WHAT??  Alfredo Sauce?  Aren't you like dieting or vegan or something??  Who knew you could make a plant based Alfredo Sauce??  Definitely a BIG drawback for this part Italian! 

But plant based Alfredo?  My Nana is up in Heaven, just a laughin' and asking "Why would you do such a thing?" or more like How??

Ok, so forgive me vegans, vegetarians, and all the other -atarians... I'm new to this ok?!

So, I drew off of other's recipes and kinda came up with my own.  It's not perfect and I'm sure it will be adjusted many times, but here's the basics...

1 cup Walnuts (everyone else's called for Cashews, but I only had Almonds, Pecans, and Walnuts.  Next time, we'll try different nuts..)
Garlic Clove (of course!)
3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast (I love this stuff!)
3/4 cup Almond Milk
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tsp low sodium soy sauce (I didn't have any Tamari on hand!)
2 tsp Dijon Mustard (maybe just a lil for you, but I like flavorful kicks!)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Paprika

Blend it all in the Cuisinart or Food Processor!  DE-LISH!

I made Whole Wheat Pasta, added a can of Diced Tomatoes and roasted garlic cloves.  It was wonderfully garlicky enough and the kids LOVED it!  Next time, we're going to try some Broccoli, Zucchini, Squash, Mushrooms, Spinach, Peas, (even Corn! As my son suggested, which um, ok, if he's willing to eat it!!) or anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment